Experience – More than 1 year
Monitor and maintain Organization’s computer systems and networks. Responsible for diagnosing any hardware or software faults with these systems. Technical Support Officers troubleshoot technical issues, provide timely customer feedback, and support the roll-out of new applications, among other duties. Moreover, Technical Support Officers need to talk to customers directly, as well as create written documentation, requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Resolving network issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Speaking to customers to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Providing timely and accurate customer feedback.
- Talking customers through a series of actions to resolve a problem.
- Following up with clients to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Replacing or repairing the necessary parts.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
- Strong customer service ethos
- Ability to work well with people
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with clients
- Willingness to sometimes work unsociable hours
- A logical mind
- Enthusiasm for continual learning